Let’s take a look at a particularly impressive brand of refrigerator filters - Samsung. Samsung may be best known for Android phones like the Samsung Galaxy, but it also manufactures all sorts of other products and appliances, not least of which are refrigerators. And as any good modern refrigerator, Samsung refrigerators usually come with their very own water filters – the “Waterdrop” Samsung refrigerator water filters.
We’ll make this a rather detailed review as we will go over all the Samsung Filters’ features and extras, we will discuss how useful these features actually are to the potential customer – you – and we will also give you our thoughts on what are the reasons to purchase and not to purchase a Samsung refrigerator water filter (i.e. whether or not to consider Samsung’s refrigerator water filters as a positive or a negative for Samsung’s refrigerators as whole). Then, to wrap things up we will review what Samsung’s customers think of their water filters and we will come to a conclusion.
The Features And Benefits of Samsung Refrigerator Water Filters
- Samsung refrigerator water filters are tested and certified against ANSI/NSF Standards 42 and 53.
- Samsung refrigerator water filters serve fresh tasting water at very affordable prices.
- Their fridge water filters are a genuine OEM product.
- The Samsung fridge water filters use a revolutionized technology for water filtration that successfully filters most impurities and contaminants from the water.
- The Waterdrop water filters protect the components of the refrigerator itself from potential sediment, thus greatly prolonging its life.
- These water filters do not remove minerals which may be beneficial to your health, the way a lot of other water filters and refrigerator water filters tend to do. There’s a reason why mineral water is sold around the world. It contains healthy minerals that can be used to supplement your body’s needs. In the same way, tap water also contains potentially helpful minerals that your body can use. The Waterdrop refrigerator water filters are designed to let those minerals flow freely through the filter, while keeping the bad ones out.
- Samsung refrigerator water filters use only a high-grade carbon block which removes over 99.999 percent of the potentially harmful contaminants that may be present in your water. And this “99.999%” figure is not a hoax. To better understand the 99 percent figure given with regards to the Waterdrop’s carbon block filter, we have to get some of the basics of carbon filtration: There are two types of carbon filter: the activated granular filter, and the powdered block filter. A block of carbon powder has a much larger surface area than a bunch of carbon granules, since there are a lot more tiny bits of powder exposed to the water than there are granules in a given volume. As such, carbon block filters absorb way more contaminants than granular filters. This is precisely the technology Samsung’s refrigerator water filters utilize in bringing you a drinking water that is free of 99.999% of its contaminants.
- Samsung refrigerator water filters are made out of high quality materials and utilize a great construction and design. This is to be expected from a technological leader such as Samsung, which is bound to use the latest manufacturing techniques to produce a quality and reliable product.
As you can see, each Samsung refrigerator water filter tends to vary in specification. While all of them are made out of quality materials and have a great design, not all of them are suitable for every refrigerator, and some are indeed slower at filtering water than others.
So, while we can safely recommend looking into Samsung refrigerators and Samsung refrigerator water filters, our key advice is that you should always research whether the filter you’re look at is actually suitable for your refrigerator and your needs.
More information on each individual filter can be found over at Samsung's official website.